Rechargeable Battery Accessory for the Motorola Cable Modem/Router/Phone Model MT7711
*Note: If your MT7711 modem is defective or needs replacing, scroll to the bottom for instructions
If your MT7711 Lithium-ion battery is defective or needs replacing, scroll to the bottom for instructions
- This rechargeable 7.2V Lithium-ion battery works with the Motorola Model MT7711 Cable Modem with built-in Wireless Router and 2 Phone Lines
- Once installed, this battery may take up to 24 hours to fully charge
- Battery will remain charged while the modem is plugged in
- When power is disconnected, the battery will provide 8 hours on standby to make or receive calls, or 5 hours of active call "talk time"
BATTERY INSTALLATION (Scroll down to see Battery Removal)
To install the battery, follow these steps:
① Unplug your MT7711 cable modem.
② Remove the 2 screws from the bottom of the unit with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
③ Using a flathead screwdriver or butter knife as a tool, lift up the bottom of the case by prying upwards from the narrow notch at the rear of the case. Once you have lifted the edge, push the tool in approximately 2 inches and push down on the handle. The case bottom will pop up. The case bottom plastic is snapped together to the base, and you will have to push forcefully to unsnap it.
④ Plug the battery into the battery connector by inserting the battery at an angle underneath the connector and tabs and then lowering the battery
into place. Lay the battery flat, then push the battery forward until it is snug
with the metal connector.
⑤ Snap the bottom of the case back into place and re-insert the 2 screws.
⑥ Plug your cable modem back into its electrical power source and the battery
will charge. The battery symbol on the front of the MT7711's case will
If you need to remove the battery, follow the instructions to remove the case
bottom, and then pick the battery up by using the attached clear tab.
ANOTHER WAY TO CHECK THAT YOUR BATTERY IS
PROPERLY INSTALLED (OPTIONAL)
Log into your cable modem on your computer by opening your browser and
typing in the address 192.168.0.1
Click on the Advanced tab in the upper right corner, which will bring you to a new page.
On this page, mouse over the Battery tab and select the Controller tab.
Here, you should see that the battery is installed and the battery's remaining
If you need help, contact Motorola cable modem support:
Phone: 800-753-0797 or 617-753-0562
(Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm, Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time)
Click HERE and scroll down to the left for the user guide.
For battery lights and what they mean, Click HERE
MTRLC LLC warrants this product against defects in material and workmanship
for a warranty period of 1 year. Please contact MTRLC LLC at 800-753-0797. To
read the full warranty, please go to www.motorolanetwork.com/bat1
Lithium-ion Battery Warnings and Recommendations
Warning: This lithium-ion battery contains chemicals that can cause cancer or
reproductive harm. Under normal use, harmful exposure to these chemicals is unlikely.
See www.P65Warnings.ca.gov for more information.
• Use only the genuine MTRLC LLC approved battery pack Model # 98250
(battery part # BP-15033-22/2150S).
• To the extent permissible by applicable law, failure to follow these warnings and/or
directions could result in damage to your MT7711 that will not be covered by MTRLC
To the extend permissible by applicable law, MTRLC LLC disclaims all liability whatsoever related to the use of non-MTRLC LLC approved battery packs, including without limitation, fire, damage to property, bodily injury, and/or death.
You assume any and all risks associated with the usage of non-MTRLC LLC approved battery packs, including without limitation, fire, damage to property, bodily injury, and/or death.
For optimal safety, battery life, and performance:
• Use this battery pack only in the MT7711 as intended.
• Follow the directions in the MT7711 guide HERE
• Lithium-ion batteries can explode, catch fire, and/or cause burns if opened,
disassembled, punctured, crushed, short-circuited, or exposed to water, or high
• Avoid dropping the battery pack or the MT7711, it could damage the battery.
• Keep the battery pack away from children.
• Don't place the battery pack in a location with other metal objects.
• Store the battery pack in a cool, dark, dry, ventilated area, without any nearby
hazardous or combustible material.
• Use the battery pack and the MT7711 indoors only.
• Don't use a battery pack if its case appears damaged, swollen, or compromised.
• The battery compartment must be clean, dry and empty before inserting the battery in
its correct orientation, following the included instructions.
• Charge the battery pack in a normal room-temperature setting. Charging may be
disabled if the temperature of the battery pack exceeds 122°F (50°C).
• A battery pack that will not charge above 90% or takes very long to charge might need
• All battery packs degrade over time, and eventually need replacement.
• It is normal for a battery pack to get warm while charging or discharging.
• If you are unsure about whether a replacement battery pack is compatible, contact
MTRLC LLC at 800-753-0797.
Proper recycling and return of used batteries
• Follow local regulations for recycling or safe disposal of used battery packs. Do not
throw them into regular trash.
• Contact call2recycle at 1-800-822-8837 or www.call2recycle.org for the locations of
Lithium-ion battery recycling centers and battery drop-off locations in your area.
If your MT7711 modem is defective or needs replacing, click HERE
If your MT7711 Lithium-ion battery is defective or needs replacing, click HERE