MD1600: How to secure Guest Network
- Login to the modem: Open your Internet browser.
In the address field, type in: 192.168.0.1 [hit enter]
- Select Advanced at the top right
- On the left, select WiFi
At the bottom, enable the Guest Network(s) you would like
Maximum clients is 16 (you will get an error if you try to enter more than 16 in the field)
You can rename the Guest Network SSID (name) here.
- On the left, click 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz
- Click Security
- Scroll down to "Manual Setup AP"
You can enable WPS here (lets you easily connect WPS-supported client devices to your router wirelessly).
- Select the SSID (Guest network) using the drop-down arrow
- Select which network authentication you would like, passphrase, etc.
- Click Apply/Save when done making changes.
You will need to to repeat steps 7-9 for each Guest network you have enabled.
10. You can Logout of the modem now
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-753-0797.
Our tech support is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm and Saturday 8:30am-5pm.