How to update the firmware for MR1700
Download the Firmware HERE
How to Upgrade the Firmware:
When you run the firmware update, all settings will be erased; therefore it is important that you take notes on any settings that you have set up on the router so that you can re-input them in after the firmware update.
- Bring up browser and type http://192.168.1.1 and put in motorola for the password.
- Click on Advanced at the top menu.
- On the menu on the left hand side, click on System Management. This will open a drop down menu.
- Click on Software Update.
- Click on Select File and then locate the folder where you have the firmware file (MR1700-v1.0.3.bin). Select it and then click Open.
- Put a check mark to Clear current configuration.
- Click on update software and an Update software message confirmation will pop up and click to confirm.
- A 160 second timer will start up. Do not interfere with this process as it can cause irrevocable damage to the router.
- When the firmware update is finished, you will get a message Software Update Successful. Then when the next screen appears, click on Configure the router.
- You can now make changes to the following:
- WiFi Settings
- Changing Router Login Password
- After you have made the desired changes, click Save and the router will restart.
- Log back into the router and add any saved settings as needed.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-753-0797.
Our tech support is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm and Saturday 8:30am-5pm.