How to update the firmware for the MR2600:
Firmware for the MR2600 is HERE
Instructions for the firmware upgrade for the MR2600
Note: It is very important that there are no interruptions to the upgrade process of the firmware as it could cause irreparable damage to the unit. We recommend that you use an Ethernet cable connection from your computer to the router.
If you are using a laptop, make sure that it has sufficient power to complete the process. Please be sure to backup all settings as we do recommend that the unit gets reset back to factory settings for this firmware upgrade.
- Download the firmware file to your computer and make note of the location where you saved it to.
- Disconnect the router from the modem.
- Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.) Type in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Enter the password: motorola and click Login
- Click Admin > Upgrade
You will see the Software Upgrade page. Click Select File.
- Find the firmware file you downloaded. Click on the firmware file. Click Open
*Note: your firmware version may be different from the picture below
Click Load to begin the firmware upgrade
- Click OK to "Do you want to upgrade Firmware?"
- You will now see the upgrade status. Do not power off the device until the Firmware Upgrade is complete.
Once the upgrade is at 100%, you will see "Firmware Upgrade success." Click OK.
- You will now see the "Welcome to your Motorola Router" login screen. To confirm that you installed the latest firmware, go ahead and login using the password: motorola and then Login
- Once you login to the router, it should be on the Basic Setup > Status page.
Verify the Firmware version you installed: (Should be Version 1.0.4)
*Note: The firmware version in the picture below may be different from the one you are installing, depending on the date of release
You are done upgrading the firmware to your router.
(Monday - Friday 8:30am-10:00pm. Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm Eastern Time)