I want to connect another router to the WAN port of the MR1900 but they are both in the same subnet of 192.168.1.1. What would be the best way to do this without causing an IP address conflict?
The MR1900 will not automatically change its own LAN IP address to a different subnet to avoid an IP address conflict. If a second router is connected to the WAN Port, you must remove the WAN connection in order to configure the LAN IP of the MR1900 properly.
- Bring up your browser and type the IP address of 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Type in the password: motorola and log in.
- On the menu at the top, click on Network.
- On the menu on your left, click on LAN.
This will take you to the LAN Configuration page.
- Locate IPv4 Address setting and change the LAN IP to a different subnet - such as 192.168.10.1. Click Apply.
- Close the browser and restart your computer to get a new assigned IP address.
You can also do an Ipconfig release/renew from the windows command prompt.
- Login to the MR1900, using the new assigned IP address. Everything should be working with no issues.
Still need help or have questions?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 1-800-753-0797
(Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm. Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time)