QUESTION: "I am unable to access this modem to change admin name and password. Using the IP address associated with the modem (192.168.100.1) I cannot get to the login page."
(Customer is using a router attached to the MB8600)
ANSWER: There are several fixes if you are not able to access your modem on your network (especially if you have different subnets):
- Always power cycle your modem and router first, and then try logging into your modem again
- If you have a router between your computer and modem, remove it and directly connect the computer to the modem via an Ethernet cable
- Plug directly into one of the hidden ports of the modem (remove the sticker covering the extra LAN ports)
- Your router may be the issue. Changing the DHCP settings to have IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range instead of the 192.168.0.xxx range may fix it
- You may need to assign your computer a static IP before you are able to login to the modem
- Check that the router isn't setup as 255.255.0.0 - it should be 255.255.255.0 in most cases
If you need further help, please contact our tech support:
email@example.com or call us at 1-800-753-0797.
Our tech support is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm and Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time.