Download the firmware for the MR1900 HERE
Instructions for the firmware upgrade for the MR1900
Note: It is very important that there are no interruptions to the upgrade process of the firmware as it could cause irreparable damage to the unit. That is why we do recommend that you use an Ethernet connection to the router with your PC and if it is a laptop that it has sufficient power to complete the process. Please be sure to backup all settings as we do recommend that the unit gets reset back to factory settings for this firmware upgrade.
- Download file to PC and make note of the location of file.
- Disconnect the router from the modem.
- Connect the computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Bring up your browser (i.e. Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. This will bring up the login screen of the router.
The Username admin will already be entered. Enter the password motorola
- Click on Admin on the menu at the top. This will bring you directly to the Firmware Upgrade page. The current firmware Version will be listed on the first line. The next line is Upload Image file, click on Choose File and locate the file that you just downloaded: MR1900-10.3.13.101.img (North America) or MR1900-UE-v10.3.13.101.img (UK/Europe). Once you see the message “Valid Image found!”
- You will be given two choices - Keep configuration (default) or Reset all configuration. We recommend for this firmware upgrade that you select Reset all configuration which will put everything back to factory defaults. Click upgrade.
- A box will pop up saying “Upgrade in progress. Waiting for image to flash. Do not disconnect from power”. You will then see the time count down during the upgrade process. It is very important that no interruptions occur while the upgrade is in progress.
- When the process is finished, the router will reboot automatically and you will see the message “Reboot in progress”. The Login page will pop back up. Log into the unit and click on Admin to verify that you have the updated firmware revision 10.3.13.101. Reload any necessary settings back into the router.