Is the 5 GHz wireless not appearing on your network?
THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO:
You should always power cycle all devices.
Unplug the power cable to your modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cable back in.
Once your modem/router is powered up and you see LED lights coming on, power down any device using the modem (smart phone, gaming device, computer, tablet etc.)
- Did you accidentally turn the wireless off? On the front of your modem - Do you see the wireless symbol and the number 5 lit up?
If not then perhaps someone hit the WLAN button in the back accidentally (even if moving the unit slightly).
This can happen if the WLAN button is touched for 1-2 seconds - and the WIFI gets turned off.
- Please try holding the WLAN button in the back for about 8-10 seconds. Then let go. The WIFI symbol and the number 5 should be lit up on the front of the modem.
- You might try doing a factory reset for your device. It is a good idea to reset the unit back to factory settings and clear out any glitches that may have developed within the unit (especially if you are starting to experience problems that were not there before).
Please take any notes of any special settings that you may have applied to the unit or save a backup config file before doing the reset.
FACTORY RESET (or "HARD RESET"):
If you would like to backup your modem's configuration settings, click HERE for instructions
1. Make sure the power to your unit is ON
2. Disconnect the Coaxial cable in the back of your modem
3. Use a straightened paperclip, tip of a ballpoint pen, or push pin
In the back of your unit is a RESET hole
4. Locate the RESET hole, located in the back of your device.
5. Push the RESET hole in for 25 seconds, then let go
6. Wait for the unit to reboot, and reconnect. You will see the lights starting to come back up on the front of the unit
If you saved a copy of your settings configuration, load your backup configuration file now.
Wait for the unit to reconnect and see if you can connect to the 5G with your devices.
If none of the above work, please contact our Technical Support team for help:
1-800-753-0797 (Monday - Friday, 8:30am-10:00pm Eastern time)
(Saturdays, 8:30am-5:00pm Eastern time)
You can also open a ticket by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org