How to Turn on WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
To log into the router, one of your devices must be connected to the router via WiFi or Ethernet cable.
- Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.), type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit <Enter>.
- A screen will say Welcome to Your Motorola Cable Modem.
The username is admin and the password is motorola.
- A Basic Status and Setup page will open. Click on Advanced at the top right hand corner.
- On the new page that opens, click on Wireless, and then click on WPS Radius WEP.
- There is an option to enable WPS on the first line. Click Enable, and then click Save.
Once WPS is enabled:
NOTE: Once you enabled the WPS function, and connect using it, the WPS light will TURN OFF on your modem. Do not think that your WPS is not functioning if you see the light turn off.
The WPS will only light up when it is in a connection state. Then, the light goes off until you connect another device using the WPS method.