1. In order to setup a static DNS in the MG7310 different from the one assigned by the cable provider, you must first disconnect the coaxial cable connection.
2. Once the coaxial cable is disconnected, bring up a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox, Safari etc.)
3. In the Address Bar (URL) type 192.168.0.1 and hit the Enter key
4. Once at login page type "admin" for the Username, then type "motorola" for the Password
5. At top right corner Click on Advanced
6. Click on Status
7. Click on Connection
8. Scroll down to section titled "IPv4 DNS Servers"
9. Select "Disabled" for "Obtain Automatically from MSO"
10. Type in the desired settings for Primary DNS and Secondary DNS
11. Click Save
12. Reconnect coaxial cable to the modem, then wait for modem to sync back up