Why am I not able to see my wireless network?
The MB7220 and MB7420 is your basic Cable Modem that allows one single wired connection via an Ethernet cable. If you would like to access a wireless network you have two available options to do so:
1. Connect a wireless router to the modem to generate the wireless function
2. Look into purchasing one of our cable modem/wireless router combo units HERE
Scroll down to "Cable modem plus WiFi Routers" section to see our selection
I have a wireless router connected to my Motorola MB7220/MB7420.
Why can't I get connected to the Internet?
- Power OFF both the cable modem and the router
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the Router’s WAN port
- Plug the Cable modem's LAN port on the other end of the same Ethernet cable
Make sure that the Ethernet cable ends are firmly connected at each end (you should hear a click when this happens, and you shouldn't be able to pull the plug out again without depressing the plastic tab).
- Power-up the cable modem. Wait for the ONLINE light to be solidly lit.
- Power-up the router. Wait for the router to complete its power-up sequence.
- The LAN light on your modem should be lit to show the Ethernet connection to your Router.
Follow your router’s instructions for setting up the router and connected devices.