Question: At times my wireless connection seems slow or drops signal, how can I better my wireless network connection?
Answer: With the MG7550 you have the ability to change a few settings that will assist with bettering your wireless network connection. Please keep in mind that there may be factors in your environment (surroundings) that do impact your wireless network performance.
Steps to help optimize your wireless connection:
1. Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc)
2. In the address bar of web browser type 192.168.0.1 and hit Enter
3. When at the login page, type "admin" for the Username, and type "motorola" for the Password, click Login
4. From the top right corner, click on Advanced
5. Click on Wireless in the top menu, then click on WMM
6. From the Wireless WMM page, turn off Power Save Support and click Save (do this for both the 2.4 and 5GHz networks)
7. From the Wireless menu, click on Advanced
8. From the Wireless Advanced page set OBSS Coexistence to 0(Disabled) and click Save (do this for both the 2.4 and 5GHz networks)
9. From the Wireless menu, click on Basic
10. From the Wireless Basic page, set Bandwidth to 20 MHz, and change the Channel
2.4 network change Channel from Auto to either 1, 6, or 11
5GHz network change Channel from Auto to 161 and click Save
12. From the top menu click on Advanced Router
13. From the Advanced Router page, place a check mark in the box to enable UPnP and click Save
14. Log out of the gateway and power cycle the mode, by turning it off for 15 seconds then turning it back on.
15. Restart any device that may be connected to modem via Ethernet cord. Reset any wireless devices Network Settings on wireless devices to allow wireless devices to re-sync with wireless networks accordingly.