Your Cable Modem/Router comes from the factory with a unique default Wireless Network Name (SSID), and a unique default Wireless Security Key/Password. These default settings for your Motorola device are listed on the bottom label of your unit.
You may want to change your wireless settings if the wireless devices on your network are already configured to use an existing wireless network name and password. Instead of having to reconfigure all the devices on your network, you can change the Cable Modem/Router to match the existing settings used by your devices. You may also want to personalize the wireless network as you desire.
NOTE: If you have changed to a different cable modem/router, you should always "forget" the network connection from your previous device before you connect to the new wireless network.
For iPhone/iPad: Go to SETTINGS > WIFI. Click the 'i' to the right of the wireless name you want to remove. Click "Forget This Network."
To change the Network Name and Password:
Note: You may connect to your device either by Ethernet connection or connecting to the default wireless network before proceeding with below steps.
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc)
- In the address bar of the web browser type 192.168.0.1 and hit Enter on your keyboard.
*If you do not see the Motorola login page, but instead you see search results with 192.168.0.1 in them - you may have typed into the SEARCH field of your browser and not the address bar. Make sure you are at the very top of your browser, where the "http" usually shows.
- At the login page:
Username is: admin
Password is: motorola
- At the "Basic Status and Settings" Page, look for the Wi-Fi Privacy Settings section
- Place a check mark in the box to Show Key, and allow the page to reload
- Delete the current Network Name and type your desired or existing Network Name
- Delete the current Password and type your desired Password. Click Save
- After the changes are made and saved, you will notice disconnection from the wireless network. At that point, you will need to reconnect to the new or existing network you just created or previously created
- Be sure to write down your new Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Password
Password can be from 8 - 63 characters long. You can use upper and lower case letters (a – z and A – Z), numbers (0 - 9) and special characters (e.g. $_/& etc.) except the single quote (‘).
Network Name can be from 6 - 32 characters long. You can use the upper and lower case letters (a – z and A – Z), numbers (0 - 9) and special characters (e.g. $_/& etc.) except the single quote (‘).
FORGOT THE WIRELESS PASSWORD?
If you forgot the wireless password, you can always reset your cable modem back to factory settings. The sticker on the bottom of your modem has the default Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Password listed.
Click HERE for instructions to reset.
STILL CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK?
Call us at 1-800-753-0797
(Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm. Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time)