This FAQ relates to a configuration with a stand-alone router connected behind a cable modem.
Both the cable modem and router need to re-start. Make sure to follow the steps in order below.
- Power off both the modem and the router.
- Then turn on only the modem.
- Make sure the ends of the Ethernet cable are securely plugged into both the modem and the WAN port of the router.
- When the Globe light on the cable modem becomes solid green, turn on the router.
- When the lights on the router indicate it is ready, check whether your devices can connect to the Internet via WiFi and/or Ethernet.