CHANGING DNS SETTINGS IN YOUR MODEM/ROUTER:
1. Power down your cable modem router
2. Disconnect the coaxial cable
*Make sure your computer is connected to the modem/router via ethernet cable
2. Once the coaxial cable is disconnected, bring up a browser ( i.e. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.) In the browser address field, type in: 192.168.0.1
Password: motorola (all lower-case)
3. Click on Advanced, Status, Connection
4. Scroll to the bottom of this page. You will see the section titled IPV4 DNS Server.
5. Select Disabled for Obtain Automatically from MSO
6. Put in the desired settings for the Primary DNS and the Secondary DNS
7. Click Save
If you did this correctly, you should see "Rebooting" on your screen...
8. Reconnect the coaxial cable to the modem and wait for it to sync back up.
If you get an error: "There was something wrong with the entry. Please check and try again."
There are a couple of reasons you may see this error:
- You may have forgotten to disconnect the coaxial cable from the modem before trying to make DNS changes.
- You entered the DNS address incorrectly
Double-check that you have the correct DNS addresses
Try entering the DNS addresses again
If you have disconnected the coaxial cable and verified the DNS settings are correct and still receive this error, you will need to do a hard reset on the modem to clear out this error:
Please take any notes of any special settings that you may have applied to the unit.
(OPTIONAL): Save a backup config file before doing the reset. If you save a backup config file, you can just load the config file with all the settings back into the router after the reset.
TO DO THE HARD RESET:
You will need a pin or straightened paper clip.
Leave the modem power ON.
In the back of your device, locate the RESET hole.
Push the RESET hole in for about 25 seconds.
Wait for the unit to reconnect. (Load the back up config file, if you backed it up) or input the settings you want manually.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-753-0797 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm. Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time).