1. You must power down the cable modem router. You must disconnect the coaxial cable connection in order to be able to set up a static DNS in the MG7310 different from the one assigned by the cable provider
2. Once the co-axial cable is disconnected, bring up a browser ( i.e. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.) and log into the router with 192.168.0.1
3. Click on Advanced, Status, Connection
4. At the bottom of this page, you will see the section titled IPV4 DNS Server.
5. Select Disabled for Obtain Automatically from MSO
6. Put in the desired settings for the Primary DNS and the Secondary DNS
7. Click Save and then reconnect the co axial cable to the modem and wait for it to sync back up.